Wellington | Monday

Wednesday 10 December 2014

MONDAY the day we've all been waiting for!!

Woohoo! And what a beautiful day it was, it was SUNNY, Tyler and I had the whole day to ourselves and NICK CAVE was awaiting us at the end of it. I even managed to fit in a sneaky wardrobe change.

After our morning orange juice we went into the city, first stop Te Papa. Now I love me a good museum, but I have to say it felt like there was far too much building-to-content ratio here. We made it to the 4th floor without seeing a single exhibition, and then once we got to 4th floor there was a massive cafe and a plaster dinosaur head panted brown. We didn't bother climbing to 5th and 6th, but i'm told there is art up there... I did see a waka from the window though...

After some photo opportunities in the children's-jurassic-park-themed-playground which was Te Papa (less fun that it sounds) we took ourselves off to the pub for lunch. 

Then it was time to get fancy for Mr. Cave and have a tropical snow (naturally I had no choice, it was a sunny day) and off to another bar! This time it was Rogue & Vagabond - 9/10 - they lost 1 point for the chick who didn't tell me there was no toilet paper left.

Much excitement outside the St. James Theatre at 8.20 boy-oh-boy we were all so excited.

Nick was amazing, the theatre was amazing, the sound quality was amazing, Warren was doubly amazing, 

I will never forget that concert. 









































"a bug, eeeww!"






The Dark Lord and Shark Dealer arrive

























No comments:

Post a Comment