Florence | Days 34 & 35

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Days THIRTY FOUR and THIRTY FIVE 

I liked the light in Florence, and I managed to capture some streetscapes which I was quite pleased with. The streets of central Florence were very pretty. In a way it felt like a city hiding its true nature. The streets seemed to be missing the locals. Like Venice, the main street was packed, while the streets either side were deserted. Where were all the interesting people hiding?! There were some clues, such as a few nice bookshops we found, and some cleverly vandalised street signs dotted all over the city which, combined with the knowledge that a lot of designers, composers and other interesting characters are/were from Florence, made me feel as if the streets were somehow waiting for the tour groups and buses to leave before they revealed their true nature. Put up a cardboard town and charge to enter. I came to Europe for the opposite experience and here I am feeling like I'm at Disneyland. Another beautiful town with an absent soul.  The two policewomen walking and talking (pictured below) was a nice exception. Of course we were only there (in the highly touristic places) for a couple of days, so who am I to judge... 

Yet another place I would have liked to stay longer and meet the locals.















Channeling my inner Di Vinci next to the River Arno, 
the same one that runs through Pisa. Hi again pretty river.














^ Possibly the most Italian looking picture of Italy possible? ...Flamboyant cars and over confident men...





With love from Florence xx

2 comments: