Roman Around | Days 32 & 33

Wednesday 5 October 2016


Days THIRTY TWO and THIRTY THREE

Some more highlights from Rome, including some lovely staircases and ceilings. The Vatican was one big tourist trap, so I don't feel that I have enough content for a whole post on just that, but the ceilings were incredible so I  have included a few here. We visited the museum part, rather than managing to find that actual Basilica and queue for hours to do a shuffle by. Speaking of which, there was a strict no camera, no stopping policy in the Sistine Chapel, and I don't want to go on and on too much about how I don't actually find Italian interior design particularly tasteful... but I don't actually find Italian interiors particularly tasteful. (Their sculpture and architecture is a different story!)

Also the Spanish Steps were closed to the public the day we went (as was the Trevi Fountain, very sad) so it was just me, the street sellers and a larger-than-life photo of Daniel Craig... could have been worse ;)


























With love from Rome xx

No comments:

Post a Comment