Milan | Final Days | Days 36 - 38

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Days THIRTY SIX, THIRTY SEVEN and THIRTY EIGHT

It is with great pleasure that I can finally present to you the last city in this daily series! Milano was one of the places I was most excited about while we were still in the planning stages of this trip (because shopping, obviouslybut perhaps not surprisingly, different things stood out to me than I had expected. I didn't buy a thing! We did splash out a little and had a really nice lunch at an actual cafe (no hot chips on the street!)which was delicious. I had a bruschetta to start and then a salmon dish - mmmmmmmm! We stayed in one of the best hostels of the whole trip - Madama Hostel, would recommend! - and the weather was giving my hair some delicious volume (thanks Milan for your toxic pollution levels). 


^ The dining room of the Madama hostel 



^ About to be approached by a man trying to sell me bird-seed so 1001 pigeons could poo on me





^ The 2015 Expo was hosted by the city of Milan under the theme Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life. We didn't make it to any of the events :( Something I regret in retrospect.



^ Tyler finding himself at the right place at the right time  









^ There were some really pretty flower, leaf and herb walls at the Expo - I couldn't resist a quick snap




^ No idea why this one is so over exposed, but I like the picture anyway. Yeah, that's a three wheeled mini truck transporting huge tropical plants while not paying any attention to the road rules.





^ This is the last photo I took of Tyler as we were saying goodbye at the train station... I cried, partly because I'm lame and partly because I was excited to not have to look at that bizarre mustache again ^_^ 

Can you tell he was excited to be flying to Canada in a few hours?



^ My collection of badges from every place we visited. There's a gap for Vienna because I was so sick when we were there that I couldn't leave the hostel for long enough to buy one. I shall just have to get one next time I'm there!


And finally I want to say thank you to you Tyler for coming on this crazy and haphazard trip with me. What a bloody emotional rollercoaster, with some super highs and super lows. Thank you for the friendship and support you've given me ever since I met you, the hard words I sometimes needed to hear, and all the good times we have shared. Proud of you for sticking it out in Canada through the winter, and so so happy that you've found a place in the world where you seem truly happy. Chur.

_________________


next: gamelkateintheworld solo edition

3 comments: